Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog, this is where I shall be sharing with you whatever it is that I would like to share, mostly it will be stories/poems/things I have written, but could be book reviews, book hauls, any sort of thing like that, could also be a daily update from myself.

-Craig

Monday 13 January 2014

Was meant to do this daily... whoops

I apologise for my absence of posts, I know that not many people are reading this, but I do hope for it to grow, and which I'm sure it will, but I was mainly apologising to those who do read this, and I was mainly apologising to myself, letting myself down again.

A lot's happened really, a lot has happened since I posted my piece of writing which is titled 'Remembering things' which you can go and have a look at, once you've finished reading what it is that I'm typing up at the moment.

Christmas is a thing which has passed in my absence, and New Year's, so I shall talk about those as they happened and in the order in which they happened.

Christmas was somewhat eventful, I don't mind christmas, being a 17 year old, I still get gifts, not as many as my younger self did, but I asked for things and I got what I asked for, which is always nice, able to tick off (metaphorically, mind you) everything that I had asked for, this list includes CDs and books, and money, which I used to buy myself a larger gift, expense wise, an iPod Classic, seeing as my only other way of listening to music on the go was through my iPhone, which was smaller in memory and I could only usefully store half of my iTunes library on my phone, keeping space spare for emergencies, or whatever, other things I needed to download, now, with my new iPod, I can store 100% of my library, onto my device to listen to on the go, I may be a little late to the iPod bandwagon, but I don't mind.

I also got the first 3 collections of Sandman, the comic book written by Neil Gaiman during the 80's and 90's and even some written in the 00's and 10's of this new century, they are releasing the older ones in omnibus form, 10 of them, I need 7 to get the full collection, I also got some other musical collections, the essential Judas Priest 2 disc collection, which is very fun to listen to, I also got Painkiller, by the aforementioned metallers, and the last main thing that I got, was 'Who killed Amanda Palmer' by, Amanda Palmer, a very nice CD, with my new favourite song on it, by the name of Ampersand, to which I am writing this blog post.

After christmas of course, came New Years, which I spent mainly on my own, although we did spend that day, the 31st of December, bowling, with some friends of my families, 2 adults and 3 kids, plus my 2 adults and 2 kids, it was a fun game, a competitive, but fun game, I ended up coming 4th out of everyone, which was good, I'm not a strong bowler, but I like it, and then we went back to theirs for dinner and things. One of their kids and I are of the same age with relative same interests, and we started playing Guitar Hero, the 3rd one, Legends of Rock.

I have always been good at that game, playing on Hard and Expert mode for most of the time, I felt as if I was showing off, but I was just having fun, having eaten dinner, we played the longest game of Monopoly I've ever had, it lasted for ages, but neither team wanted to end it, we kept finding little ways to pay off the debts we owed, or the transactions we needed to make. before we finally caught the opposite team on a hotel costing m800.

We got home at about 11, and I finished watching a Deadmau5 live stream, going to bed at about 1:30 in the morning, seeing in the New Year on my various social networks, not much has happened since then, gone back to school, still writing, I started chapter 2 of draft 1 of the new story I'm writing, it should be going quicker, but I'm feeling uninspired at the moment, will catch back at a later date

uploading in three... two...

No comments:

Post a Comment