Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog, this is where I shall be sharing with you whatever it is that I would like to share, mostly it will be stories/poems/things I have written, but could be book reviews, book hauls, any sort of thing like that, could also be a daily update from myself.

-Craig

Sunday 22 December 2013

22/12/2013 part 2 'When I look up at the Sky'

This is the post that you've all be waiting for, this will be the post that somewhat debuts my poem to the rest of the internet, it's titled 'When I look up at the Sky' and I hope you enjoy it, it would be nice of you to leave a comment, if you've read it, telling me what you think, bare in mind that it is supposed to be performed, so yeah.
- Craig 
                                                      *****

When I look up at the sky, I don't see what most people see.

Most people just see the night sky as the stars and the constellations, but when I look up at the night sky, I don't see what most people see. I see the night sky, but I see the stars, as planets, the galaxies as interstellar countries, networks of vast, ever expanding neighbourhoods of stars, countless to the human eye, countless to the cleverest of robots and camera equipment.

When I see the night sky, it is like I am looking upon a city, or a town, other people may see it how I see it, although the most common view, unless you’re an astronomer, is of the view that they are twinkles in the night sky, and the constellations are just pictures painted by the human eye.
It has taken over 35 years for humans to reach interstellar orbit, passing Pluto, this is the work of the Voyager 1 Probe, where am I going with this? I’m going with that space, space is big, and space is vast, huge, and indescribable.

This is what I’m going to be teaching my children, not to take the view of the non-astronomer, but to take the view of the astronomer, of me, of someone who sees stars as planets, and suns, with life on them, or galaxies as neighbourhoods of stars, each one knowing the next, all with their daily struggles, much like the town or city that you live in. I shall paint the universe on the backs of their hands, so they will have to learn the whole universe, before being able to use the phrase “oh I know that like the back of my hand”
They shall be taught the nature of the universe, the nature of gravity, the invisible force keeping it all organised, like the government, a force in nature that is keeping the chaos organised.

When my children grow up, they shall be looking at the night sky, the way that I look at the night sky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment