Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog, this is where I shall be sharing with you whatever it is that I would like to share, mostly it will be stories/poems/things I have written, but could be book reviews, book hauls, any sort of thing like that, could also be a daily update from myself.

-Craig

Sunday 22 December 2013

22/12/2013 part 1

I may start titling these posts with the date, like I have done with this one, these will be the english style of writing the shorthand date, not the American, so I apologise if you get confused between the two of them.

I will be posting up a couple of things today, one now, one later, the one later should be a poem, but I may take the time this morning to explain the poem, as best as I can, and why it is that I wrote it and things of that nature.

The poem that I should hopefully be posting up later, is my first attempt at a  poem that is designed for spoken word performance. I was introduced to this style of poetry by a friend of mine, linking me a youtube performance of When Love Arrives by Phil Kaye and Sarah Kay (Click the link to have a listen, it's really good) and I started watching more and more of these performances, getting fully into the 'genre' of spoken word poetry, I did write some poems, prior to my knowledge of this awesome genre, but I felt that I should try to write one for spoken word, so I thought it'd need to be rather long. Inspired by Sarah Kay's 'If I should I have a daughter...' I started writing, and managed to write something somewhat decent.

I am yet to perform this poem, but I have shared it around and it has had good reviews, so hopefully it's good, you guys can also tell me how good it is, when I post it later. It's a poem about space, and astronomy and my thoughts and opinions on it, being somewhat of an astronomer myself, I have been fixated with space for a long time, and I've wanted to write something like this, for a very long time, but haven't known the best way to write it, until now.

Have a look out for the poem later, I should be posting it in the afternoon sometime,

-Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment