Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog, this is where I shall be sharing with you whatever it is that I would like to share, mostly it will be stories/poems/things I have written, but could be book reviews, book hauls, any sort of thing like that, could also be a daily update from myself.

-Craig

Tuesday 4 March 2014

Two in two days? that's madness

Yes, another post, this time another poem 'The Listener' inspired heavily by the Perks of Being a Wallflower, and is also designed for spoken word
-Craig

Listening, is a skill we all have although, let’s be honest not everyone uses that skill equally, some like to talk more and some like to listen more
that is where people tend to fall into two camps; you have the listeners, and you have the talkers. Everyone knows who the talkers are, they are the ones with the group of friends in the school playground, and you can often only hear one or two voices; the two prime talkers in the group, or if the talker is a little more friendly, more voices may be heard, but not everyone knows the listener
listeners are more quiet and don’t tend to join in discussion, another name for a listener is, a Wallflower, which is what we are, things that tend to stay outside of social groups, listening, rather than talking, and what we do say, is often more thought out and precise than what talkers say, however, wallflowers are often 1 or 2 conversations late, or can be. 
I tend to fall in the middle, for me, it’s a social thing, if I’m with people I like and know, I’m definitely a talker, however, throw me into a situation in which I don’t know anyone, I will tend to be a wallflower, is there a name for someone like me? someone in the middle, who is a socially controlled talker? 
can we make one? 
please?

No comments:

Post a Comment