Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog, this is where I shall be sharing with you whatever it is that I would like to share, mostly it will be stories/poems/things I have written, but could be book reviews, book hauls, any sort of thing like that, could also be a daily update from myself.

-Craig

Saturday 8 February 2014

Finishing things

Hullo

One of the main pieces of advice that I've been given as a wannabe writer, from a few authors, is to finish things. That may seem obvious, but of course, that may seem obvious doesn't it?
you want to be a writer, you have to have finished manuscripts to send off to your publisher.

Finishing things isn't just about having a manuscript to hand over to your agent, or to the publisher themselves, finishing things is about tackling and completing a challenge and can be applied to any thing in life, not just a manuscript, are you a musician? finish your album, or the current song you're working on, rise to the challenge of finishing your next step in life, could be a life changing thing such as a manuscript or an album, or it could be a simple thing like a piece of homework or coursework, either way, the act of finishing things makes you calmer, as it's one more thing done, it can also make your next piece of work better, going back to the art of storytelling, if you finish drafts, if you finish paragraphs, if you finish the whole story, it will make the next one better, because you're learning the art of writing, you're learning how it all fits together, how each sentence pieces together to create the overall idea or scene, or character development, now, I use the storytelling example a lot, because that's what I do, I tell stories, and I need to learn to finish things, and I am planning on finally finishing my zombie apocalypse short(ish) story, which I may put online for digital purchase through the Kindle Marketplace. I may even read it a chapter at a time and put it on bandcamp for you to listen to, if that seems like a good idea. I plan to have it done by the end of the year, fully finished, and ready for publishing, if my artist can finish of the cover idea for it, it'll all be good, and then I will publish it through the Amazon Kindle publishing, and I am seriously considering a little audio project with it, recording on to bandcamp.

This may have been some elongated post about me planning to finish my zombie story, or it could be some sort of philosophical idea about the art of starting and finishing a task, but oh well, take it as you want to, as long as get something out of it. Whatever you decide to interpret this post as, I hope you get something out of it, whether it makes you strive to complete more tasks, or even finish a piece of homework you're stuck on, or whatever, that would be nice, I would see this post as completing its task; getting you to finish yours
- Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment